View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 09:46 PM  
myleene
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
See it like this: Once a video is online even with HLS, RTMP or any other protection... It can be pirated. It may make it 95% harder, but the last 5% will still pirate it and it'll get online freely and be available in the countries you try to block.

I could build you a 99.8% geo-blocking solution. It wouldn't stop pirates from pirating your content.

What you promised these girls is unachievable based on your specs and you're stuck in a catch-22. Either, it's acceptable or you can't use the content online ever.

What's your budget? Finalize it before shopping.

It's not a fairly standard job and not one anybody could finish in a limited amount of time. You're looking for a really specialized developer that will charge you quite an amount even if they have the solution all ready for it. I've been a dev for 10 years and it's not something I could do easily. On a scale of 1 to 10 in difficulty, you're looking at an 8-9 based on your specs.

I could do a "reasonable job", but I wouldn't feel confident doing it based on your expectations. I also don't have a full solution ready.

I'll repeat, whoever tells you they can do it easily and don't provide technical facts is lying to you. Plain and simple. Honestly, I wouldn't shop for it blindly as it involves giving root access to your servers. You better be able to follow what is done. Anything could be put on your servers and you may have way bigger issues down the road.
myleene is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote