View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 12:20 PM  
TomInc

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpocratian View Post
It is likely that the biggest cost for the project you describe is the security portion. There are a lot of fairly easy ways to detect country of origin and such, but the more intense you want to make it, the more it will likely cost you. If you reduce your requirements a bit and go a more standard setup, you can likely lower the cost of hiring an independent contractor. Is it really necessary to focus so much on country of origin and copying video streams?
As I explained, the videos and photos are of models who have been promised their material won't appear (at least not online) in their countries. These are two insignifant countries (customerwise) in Latin America. So yes, it's very important, I can't publish the material not feeling as certain as one can feel that the material doesn't show up on there.

If it's impossible to block all VPN's, Ip Hiders etc. how about implmenting a program that is basically set up to do so and just manually blocking new hiders as they appear?

Thinking something like this:

- Standard set up of membership site with videos and photos
- User I.D. stamped into photos and streaming videos as they stream.
- Basic working country block for two countries
- Basic detector of say the most common 4-5 programs/URL's used to hide country of connection with option to add more to that block list?

Aren't we then talking a fairly standard job that many decent developers could finish up in a fairly limited amount of time? Or is that still asking too much?
TomInc is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote