View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 04:18 PM  
Anthony
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
You are making a lot of stuff up.

1) I used the physics to demonstrate that Bruce Lees "1 inch punch" is clearly fake. Something he demonstrated time and time again for the naive masses to oooh and awe at. Where do you EVER hear about this amazing technique today? You don't. It was never real.

2) no one said anything about weight being the end all be all of fighting. You boxed yourself into making that argument to avoid he obvious fact that weight matters a great deal and offers a distinct advantage between two trained fighters. That is not something that can be argued against and once again, let me point out that the IFC started with no weight classes and had to move to weight classes for what is an obvious reason to any sane person.

Lastly, I cannot speak for Anthony

But...
You haven't spent a great deal of your life punching and getting punching, kicking and getting kicked, taking people down and getting taken down, submitting and being submitted nor have you spent any time in any traditional Chinese or Japanese styles of martial arts as both Anthony and I have. When I owned a martial arts school, I made it a point to study or familiarize myself every fighting system I could because I found myself
Increasingly fascinated with all of the silly cult like bullshit surrounding them. I am currently training for a very big fight - and doing it just because I really love the sport and I love the science of fighting. What do you do related to the topic besides talk in circles?

Our comments come from experience, yours come from watching old movies.

In the case of assessing Bruce Lees abilities, your opinions come from watching choreographed fight scenes and as has been pointed out countless times, he was NEVER a fighter, a simple fact would any reasonable person would factor in to the assessment of his ability to fight an actual fighter.
I think he was being sarcastic towards Crusifixxio.

Anthony is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote