View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 09:33 AM  
BaltimorX
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOWPleasure View Post
So we have used Woocommerce in the past and are very happy with the results we have had, the flexibility of the plugin and how user friendly it is. However, we haven't used Opencart so I'm wondering if we are missing out on a true ecommerce platform with benefits Woocommerce doesn't have/offer.

Any Adult Toy Store guys have success stories with Opencart or any other ecommerce software they want to share?

Here is what I'm really interested in:

1. Is Opencart SEO friendly (more so than Woocommerce?)
2. Does Opencart have standard ecommerce functionality such as abandon cart features, etc built in where as woocommerce needs a plugin?
3. Which platform is better suited for a long term ecommerce site which would need to be scaled from 500 products to 15,000 products?
4. How are the page load times when comparing the two if the specs of the server and themes were very similar?

Some other options are Volusion and BigCommerce but would rather have an open source solution. Magento is out of the question...

Thank you in advance for any helpful information.
Opencart +1
I don't think that this is good idea to make eShop on Wordpress. I know people who created eShop using Woocommerce plugin and they stucked when they tried to customize some modules there! But if you were happy and had no problems with Woocommerce, it's good
BaltimorX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote