View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 01:07 PM  
Grapesoda
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
Yeah, its all basic tribal behavior. Nothing more than that really. There is how we perceive and understand the world (largely conservative or liberal perspective) and from there, everyone divides into two basic tribes and acts accordingly. I've mentioned this before a few times, but if you read "The Righteous Mind" by Jonathan Haidt, you'd be sitting there the whole going "oh... that makes total fucking sense now" as it pertains to both how you are I think and acts or how a crocket thinks and acts. He explains well the paradox you touch on... the "open, accepting, loving - fuck you motherfucker if you disagree with me, you're crazy and i hope you die a painful death" type attitudes and behaviors and its all well explained and backed by decades of how own research as a Liberal university professor who begrudgingly had to accept his own findings and conclusions,.
I'll check it out although to be honest usually just go with audio books these days
Grapesoda is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote