Thread: Events Go Canada
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 03:40 PM  
Mutt
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
The WJC is what hockey should be, it's a better game than the NHL and the Olympics, faster, more frenetic, more skills displayed. The NHL players are of course stronger and matured but matured in the ways the NHL coaches them to be, highly skilled players in junior become Bottom 6 grinders and checkers in the NHL - the NHL is overcoached. With the junior players mistakes are more common, mistakes turn into exciting plays.

I am always sad when this tournament ends, I am already counting down the days til the next one.

Half of the players will make the NHL or KHL, some of them the next Crosby's, Toews' and Kanes. The other half will fall one level short becoming career minor league players or quit altogether. It always makes me sad, these kids are all stars at this age, they've been the best in every league they've played in since they were 6 years old - and now some will graduate and become millionaires and the rest forgotten.