View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 03:38 PM  
WannabeMiddleMan

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
For me personally it hasn't meant I don't know who I am, so I can't comment on that, but seems a person like you describes has a lot of issues with over-thinking and over-analyzing, and those 2 traits I definitely have. It's a fucker though as it ties in with being able to see many perspectives/angles on a subject, whereas most people, I'd venture to guess, have a fixed opinion. So then what happens is you come over as argumentative, when in fact it's just you can emotionally detach, and see those shades of grey. But I digress :-)
I'm the same, I over analyse and over think everything which usually takes away my happiness.

For example, I recently had a check up at the Doctors and I was asked to pee in a cup. I asked the nurse if this was for a drug test, to which she replied, no it was to test for proteins.

A few hours later I thought about that conversation and I was shocked that I asked that, I think I basically gave her the impression that I was worried about drugs etc. And then I worry about how she looked at me, does she now think I take drugs, is she guessing what drugs I might have taken etc.

Thinking about it now, it would have been much better to ask, "What does the urine test, test?"
WannabeMiddleMan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote