View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 02:36 PM  
TheSquealer
BANNED

Industry Role:
It's worth considering that sociopaths are more often than not, "great guys". They are almost always confident, intelligent and funny. They understand how to manipulate others, how to gain the trust of others, how to use others to their ends, how to fake the normal emotions of others and so on.

Sociopaths are also great public speakers - this is because they do not experience the emotions and fears tat others do which makes them poor public speakers. They don't experience embarrassment or shame or insecurity. They think they are awesome, hence,... their confidence Aand so on, which combined ironically makes them the best public speakers.

I feel like this industry has been little more than a parade of deeply disturbed people, often openly lying, robbing and cheating their way along with a large contingent of followers makin it known that they are "great guys".

Additionally, even the worst examples of humanity have a few friends which they treat very differently than they do the rest of the world. Just because Jefrrey Dahmer said please and thank you are certain people doesn't mean he was mentally healthy.

I'm always interested in watching these things play out and noting how dishonest with ourselves that we are. For myself, I feel like you could read almost any post he's made here and see watniningg signs of a troubled person. He even brought his breakup to this board - he then got super vicious as I recall. I remember thinking at the time "oh, his over riding concern is not what happened but how others perceive him". Most people would have simply took some personal time to reflect, grieve and heal but his first move was to create a public spectacle and try to embarrass and attack his ex and the 3rd party. He did that kind of thing for the same reason he's hovng jailhouse interviews right now. Over rising any common sense is the urge to attempt to control the story, others perceptions of him and to manipulate.
TheSquealer is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote