View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 02:29 PM  
Photoguy3
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
My Post from MM I guess is not allowed. I was told to go here. :)

From MM
"I promise I searched the forums before posting this. What I didn't find was what I was looking for. What I did find was some really great info about photography and an awesome interview with Ken Marcus. Thanks MM for that. And also a lot of foolishness when it came to nude photography.

My question is: How do you get started shooting for some of these sites. i.e.. MetArt like?
Was not smart enough to start my own site like Peter Hegre... Long ago. smile

Now the why?
I, like many of us like photographing nudes. For me it started with a Herb Ritts book back in 1988.
I don't know if there is any $ in shooting for these sites at all but even a little bit would be great to shoot something you love shooting.

My other reason for asking is more about models. I see so many models on these sites and can't seem to find many for personal projects. It seems there are men and women everywhere taking there clothes off without much of a problem.

Of course I'm a broke ass photographer since I stopped shooting weddings and delved into the world of musicians. It is getting better though. I'm not sure if I offered up $100s I'd have much better luck. Maybe I would...

I'd love to compensate the models as mush as possible and with the possibility of publishing or something to offer to help pay them would be great.

I have not yet met or talked to a photographer who actually does this. Most seem to be from Europe. I have reached out to a few without response. But I get that, I rarely respond to a email from a photographer asking me about something. Not that I don't want to but I usually get the message in the car and by the time I get to a place to say something I have forgotten and the message is buried. I miss calling. I do answer any questions if someone just calls. Number is clear on my site. smile

I was contacted by a model a few months ago to shoot with. She had been contacted somehow by MetArt to shoot for them. They were going to fly her to California. When asked if she could use a photographer a bit closer they said there weren't any photographers really in the USA.

I managed to send them some stuff I shot of her and they were pretty complimentary and I am waiting on approval of a set.

I have also shot a "Playboy" girl (in quotes because of the Playboy Plus is really not Playboy.) Again, they have her go elsewhere to shoot.

So, if anyone could offer up some advice, ideas, anything for possibly shooting more adult content for a purpose other than self that would be awesome.

Thanks for reading. "