View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 02:46 PM  
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtit View Post
Right so it's not just about the meat. It's about bragging who killed the most beautiful or biggest animal with the cleanest kill. The one with the best coat, the biggest antlers etc.

These animals need to be killed and everything on them made useful. That honors the animal. What are you going to do with the head anyway? Use it as decoration if it's worthy. There are so many cool things they do with antlers nowadays too, and of course we know what's done with deer hides. I'm all for all of it. Just tacky taking a picture with the fresh kill like you're a badass
The bragging part is partially true, but I have trophies those have just personal meaning. For example as a younger I hunted on not so lucrative lands and my skills were not that good either. If I for example hunted 15 days and got 3 ducks to show for it, every duck felt like a victory and I have one or two made as a trophy, and not because of those would have been some specimens. I ate those too, so every part got into use.
aka123 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote