View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 11:45 PM  
theking
Nice Kitty

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSmith View Post
LOL

theKing, I've had buffalo burgers in the past as well as bison (a roast if I recall, it's been a while). No worries with the burgers but you have to know how to cook the steaks and roasts. In that regard I found it similar to moose and elk, in that they're all somewhat leaner meat than beef.

I cooked the roast by first searing the outside of it in a pan, then cutting slits in it at all angles and stuffing them with pork fat (bacon, preferably), then cook it in the oven just like you would any other roast. I did this with a moose roast a while back and it turned out to be the best damn roast I've ever had.

Bison meat is very expensive here now. It's like $17 a pound last I checked. All farm-raised though, so had to LOL at the "worm issues" comment. :D
There is a Buffalo ranch about 50 miles away that I occasionally pass by. They have a sign that says meat for sale. The next time I drive by I think I will stop and see what the deal is.

FOR THE LYING LOWLIFE POSTING AS PATHFINDER...https://gfy.com/fucking-around-and-pr...athfinder.html
theking is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote