View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 05:15 PM  
BlackCrayon
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentbacardi View Post
On the topic of registrars that rip people off...

I called up eNom and asked to purchase 50 domains that were previously owned, and that I didn't give a shit about the names. I've done this at other registrars and they are like no problem. But at eNom they said no, do it yourself. I am like dude, I have thousands of domains and want to try you guys out but you can't put together 50 domains for me? The answer is no.

So I put my own list together and I ask what is the price, the price he quotes me is around $2000. I almost shit myself. I am like wtf dude!!!! He said their price per domain is $39.95 or something like that. I was like you are very expensive. I just explained how many domains I have at other registrars, I am not a moron. He said that eNom is probably the best out there and that's why its so expensive. Really? BWHAHAHA. So I asked him there must be a cheaper way to buy a dot com and hes like sure you can for $13.95 or something. I am like dude, dot coms need to be under $10 max or I am not going to buy from you. So he tries to sell me on platinum status or something for like a grand.

Conclusion: enom is a bunch of thieves, just as much as GoDaddy.

So I just went back to name cheap where 99% of my domains are.
the only way to get good prices is through enom resellers. for example, namecheap.com is an enom reseller. while i use namecheap i wouldn't use just any reseller though as they can up and disappear and you're fucked.