View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 08:24 AM  
mikesouth
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
ATMLA, Kicking The Hornets Nest
By Mike South
October 8th, 2014

It’s been a long time since I it a topic that has sparked as much debate as this one, from twitter to GFY and beyond ATMLA is the talk of the town and there isn’t much neutral ground.

In the end ATMLA is currently out of LATATA by a majority vote, in a month they could be re-admitted though it seems doubtful. The Big Issues with LATATA seem to be Mark Schechters methods to bring the organization closer to The Free Speech Coalition and his practice of way undercutting talent rates.

On the directors side Mark seems to have strong support, most of them like him, their detractors say its because they are getting boy girl scenes from him for as low as 400 or 500 dollars.

On the talent side most do not like him, saying he strong arms them to accept lower rates, that they are getting harassed in his model house, that he is sending them on BDSM shoots without fully explaining what they will be subjected to and that the percentage he charges is too high in order to make up the lost money for cutting their rates. Their detractors say hey this is simply the economics of the time and talent is bitter because less work being available acts to drive down prices.

Fans and outside observers generally dont like agencies altogether, suggesting that talent should self book and avoid them altogether. They also seem to think that the agencies push the girls into prostitution.

It will all shake out in the end ut as evidenced by the responses to the article it is something that prolly needed to be talked about…

It's No wonder I took up drugs and alcohol, it's the only way I could dumb myself down enough to cope with the morons in this biz.
mikesouth is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote