View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 08:44 AM  
iwantchixx
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
Irrational fear - first you may die suddenly, no time to contemplate anything, secondly if you do have the knowledge of your demise and time to contemplate it I really doubt you'll be asking 'Why am I here in this body?'.

I guess you're saying that you live with this fear and you hope by the time you die you have an answer for it. Um ... good luck with that.

Solipsism may be for you - Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist.

Why are you you? No reason other than the genetic blueprint we each are born with, 'you' are your brain interacting with the world around you. Everything you believe yourself to be can change just with a physical change to parts of your brain such as a tumor or lesion. A high functioning brilliant person can wake up one day out of the blue and the world goes dark for them with clinical depression. They are no longer the same person, they don't laugh, they barely function. Same person but they are no longer the person they thought of themselves as.
That oft makes me wonder, is the dna the "soul" then? Things we do today, affect how future generations behave. (Sins of the father passed onto the sons)

Our experiences reprogram the dna over time. A perfect example is my Dad. We hardly know each other but years later we began to talk and see each other, we both learned we have the same jokes, same humor and same way of saying and doing things. Which should not be possible as I have only seen him 5 times in my life prior to that and grew up totally different.
iwantchixx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote