View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 05:35 AM  
Paul
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I said this a week ago, United needed Defensive minded players not more attacking players. Although, as far as it goes, Falcao is a nice signing, I'm just bamboozled as to where all these guys are going to play? Falcao, Rooney and RVP in a dynamic 3 seems like an amazing option but then where does Di Maria, Mata and Januzaj come in? Are Man U going with the old Real Madrid view "you score 4 we will score 5"?

Chelsea are looking dangerous and they further boosted their attacking line with Remy, they are clearly out to battle on all fronts this year and I wouldn't be surprised to see them land two trophies, one being the Premiership title and perhaps with a bit of luck, maybe even the Champions League trophy.
Yep totally agree Ross, if this was Football Manager the team looks great on paper but apart from Di Maria the whole team lacks pace which the top 4 teams have in abundance, you can't defend against pace!

Falcao, Van Persie don't have much pace and although they are both clinical infront of goal neither of them are going to make something happen out of nothing.

ATM Manchester United have a team that are not creating chances in midfield that results in few goals being scored and a defence that will concede goals easily.

Rooney is past his best at 28 (29 next month) Van Persie is 31 and injury prone and we have a new manager who is stubborn and won't change his formation.

They'll be nowhere near the top 4 come the end of the season, 2 points from the first 3 games is relegation form! QPR (H), Leicester (A) & West Ham (H) up next and if they don't win the next 3 games they are in serious trouble because I don't see them beating Everton, Man City, Chelsea & Arsenal.

Plus selling Welbeck to a rival was ridiculously stupid, 23 years old with a point to prove.

Hmmm... that worked out well for Chelsea when they sold Sturridge to Liverpool 2 years ago!

If Chelsea can keep Fabregas & Costa fit I have no doubt they'll be champions in May
Paul is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote