View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 05:29 AM  
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Decry.pt states they can decode just about anything. Certainly I do not condone piracy, and I am not sure if decoding the software to change a domain name would be considered piracy per se, unless it was distributed/re-sold. It'd be against the terms of use of the script though to decode it.

Having said that, if you can't get support, you can understand why some folks would have it decoded to make sure the licensed version of the software they purchased still works.

To that end, you have to give some respect for how Arylia and JMBsoft opened up their software to allow existing owners to modify it and keep it working without support. Kaktusan, not so much. He continues to sell encoded software without any support despite claiming you'll receive it.

Quote:
I understand that by ordering today, I pay only once $97 and I will receive full featured copy of Links Organizer and I will be entitled to all future updates and unlimited customer support.

Source: http://lo.cheapestwebsoftware.com/
That's pretty dishonest.

The entire business model of one-time payments has always been flawed. Whether it's for software, "permanent" links, or any other such nonsense. When the well runs dry, you cannot, and likely will not, continue to get what you paid that one-time fee for as there's no monetary incentive left to continue supporting what you purchased.

Last edited by robwod; 09-04-2014 at 05:41 AM..
robwod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote