View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 01:29 PM  
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeprod View Post
Wait, what? Modern Christianity is Paganism wrapped in a virgin-birthed resurrected redeemer trope. The theme had been tried SO many times before it was fibally successfully applied to Jesus. In order to gain broader acceptance, Paganistic holiday rituals and polytheistic God worship (father, son, holy ghost, saints, angels, and the Virgin Mary for Catholics).

Jesus of Nazareth is the latest in a LONG line of guys with the same story. He was just the most successfully used charasmatic figure. His own ideals probably varied a great deal from what people attributed to him after his death (in the long time following his death before anyone decided to actually write anything down).

... and make no mistake, "used" is the correct term.
I don't really know is this really reply to my message or some plain story about Christianity, but I would like to point out that Jesus wasn't hit amongst all folks (like Jews), and Jesus didn't invent the religion we are talking about, he just made some contribution.
aka123 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote