View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 07:01 AM  
lavajumper

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpbarron View Post
Sexcoin is yet another pump and dump scheme; there have been many that came before, and many to follow. There is no good reason to use a separate blockchain (the public decentralized transaction ledger) for each market; Bitcoin does everything the imitators can do, but better. Why better? Am I just a hater? No! The primary method of securing the network against attack is the enormous amount of computing power used to verify transactions, and this is where the "altcoins" like sexcoin fall short. It is a trivial thing to attack and disrupt a less popular blockchain (it has already happened; see: terracoin).

Bitcoin is already anonymous; unless you publicly state your address, nobody can definitively prove that it is yours. Plus, things like zerocoin have been shown to be ineffective in obfuscating the origin and destination of funds; you actually increase your exposure by using them because it's a more narrow stream used primarily for sketchy activity (that's where the prying eyes will look). Better to hide in the obscurity provided by a larger stream of data, like Bitcoin.

TLDR: sexcoin is a gimmick; just use Bitcoin.
All good points, and this is exactly what we are trying to address with sexcoin. I agree with just about everything you said except sexcoin being an "pump-n-dump". It hit its year anniversary in May, so if it were pump-n-dump it would simply be abandoned by now. But there is active, albeit slow, development on the coin. And the 'just use bitcoin' is exactly what I'm asking about in this thread.

What could sexcoin, or any other coin, do to make it unique for the adult entertainment industry?

It started with rapid confirmation times, but bitcoin services have pretty much solved that. Now we are working to add features to the coin to differentiate it from bitcoin and litecoin. The question I'm posing is "What features?"
lavajumper is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook