View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 11:30 AM  
danielpbarron

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxcladies View Post
Tiffany said something quite similar yet far better....

Anyway I think an anonymizing technology like zero coin would be very good for sexcoin. Would add a massive degree of privacy improvement over credit card and other forms of payment currently available.

I was wondering what every one elses opinion is on this?
Sexcoin is yet another pump and dump scheme; there have been many that came before, and many to follow. There is no good reason to use a separate blockchain (the public decentralized transaction ledger) for each market; Bitcoin does everything the imitators can do, but better. Why better? Am I just a hater? No! The primary method of securing the network against attack is the enormous amount of computing power used to verify transactions, and this is where the "altcoins" like sexcoin fall short. It is a trivial thing to attack and disrupt a less popular blockchain (it has already happened; see: terracoin).

Bitcoin is already anonymous; unless you publicly state your address, nobody can definitively prove that it is yours. Plus, things like zerocoin have been shown to be ineffective in obfuscating the origin and destination of funds; you actually increase your exposure by using them because it's a more narrow stream used primarily for sketchy activity (that's where the prying eyes will look). Better to hide in the obscurity provided by a larger stream of data, like Bitcoin.

TLDR: sexcoin is a gimmick; just use Bitcoin.