View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 09:42 AM  
L-Pink
working on my tan

Industry Role:
Q. When are squirrels a problem?

A. In nature squirrels are cute. In your home they are noisy, destructive and smelly. Squirrels, being rodents, are compelled to chew to keep their teeth worn down. So they chew on various materials in your house: plastic pipe, vents, wires, wood, and siding. Chewed plastic pipes can cause flooding.

Q. Why do I need to get rid of squirrels?

A. Damage from chewing can cause everything from expensive maintenance needs to floods and fires (chewing thru plastic water pipes/chewing insulation off of electrical wires) . Disease transmission from squirrels and the insects and parasites that live with them is also a big issue.

Q. What are the health risks of having squirrels in my residential or commercial building?

A. Squirrels can carry rabies and, therefore, should be treated with caution and any bite immediately treated by a medical professional. They pose other threats including fleas and ticks, and Tetanus.

Last edited by L-Pink; 08-07-2014 at 09:44 AM..
L-Pink is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote