View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 06:56 PM  
MK Ultra
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineistaken View Post
I am wondering what speed could be +- fatal in case of cars making a left and you crashing there? Lets say you drive at 50kmh and you are with your helmet and full gear.
Just wondering how many fatalities happen at city speed and driving with helmet/gear.
This has happened to me twice, almost exactly the way you see it in the video

The first time was around 45 mph and I wasn't wearing a helmet (CA didn't have a helmet law at the time, a lot of things changed here while I was away ) I was in jeans and a t-shirt.

It cost me some knee issues when I put it through the passenger window and bent the frame.

The second time I was going almost 60, I flew about three times the distance as the guy in the video and landed flat on my back, I didn't get up as fast as he did that time.
Also in jeans and t-shirt, road rash won't kill you but shit if fucking STINGS!
I also didn't get a single scratch on my helmet.

The second one I feel in my lower back every single day, I quit riding for 20 years because of that accident.

But then I realized that life was too short to worry about "what if it happened again?"

So now I am a super defensive rider, but I still don't like riding in town in traffic.