View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 08:57 AM  
scuba steve
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Pink View Post
Sure they are. If I was riding a Ducati I would eventually want to see how fast the top end is (obviously higher than my Harley). I would want to see how fast I can take a turn (my Harley's pegs would touch so leaning hard into a turn is pointless). Doing something over my skill level is harder on a Harley than say a Suzuki Hayabusa.

Taking a vehicle to it's limits is natural and racing bikes encourage a rider to test these limits vs a bike like a Honda or Harley cruiser.

this is actually spot on. i almost bought a ducati monster two weeks ago. (still might). but hopping on, it was like all i could see were possibilities that my honda shadow doesn't offer me, and makes me want to test them.

i started on a sportster, went to the shadow. i like both, prefer the honda actually (i'm not a harley hater, just preferred the shadow over it). i wanted the ducati for zipping around the city, quick stuff. but l-pink has a point...

sounds dumb, but until you wreck out or crash, which hopefully isn't serious, you won't respect the bike. luckily i learned my lesson on a honda cbr 250 enduro