View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 06:49 PM  
onwebcam
Fake Nick 1.0

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesouth View Post
Theres good advice here the best being FIRST take a riding class.

SECOND you need to determine what kind of riding you will want to do because only that will determine what kind of bike to buy. If you want to do long all day rides you need something comfy, you dont want to be hunched over it.

Finally I know that Harleys all the rage but unless you can do the maintenance yourself do yourself a favor and forget them, they are expensive to maintain and in my experience they constantly need work. Any of the Japanese bikes are a better choice unless you like doing motorcycle maintenance.

I'm partial to Suzukis myself.
I'd have to agree. After getting rid of my very last crotch rocket last year I began the hunt. I almost went Harley a number of times but really wanted style and dependability. After I bought my current ride my good riding friend had to make a move to and decided to go with a Harley, long story short his has been in the shop all summer while I've been out riding.

My current

Last edited by onwebcam; 08-05-2014 at 06:50 PM..
onwebcam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote