View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 05:27 AM  
Mutt
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppoten View Post
I wasn't defending the unionists, and I didn't say that Jews have no right to the land.

I just think that there are fundamental flaws with the state of Israel, and with Zionism, that some change is needed. If tens of thousands of Jews are protesting then something's clearly not right. I also think there are wider issues with Zionism that go beyond that narrow strip of land.
There is a fundamental flaw with Zionism - reclaiming a homeland that you were chased out from 2,000 years ago that was now surrounded by Arabs, the vast majority of whom are intolerant primitive religious Islamic lunatics. The Zionists knew this going in and were and still are prepared to die in the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine.

I don't believe the God that made the covenant with Abraham to give them the land exists. Jews made their own homelands all over Europe, to the vast majority of them a homeland in Palestine wasn't needed or wanted. Until the pogroms in Russia and then the Holocaust. For secular Jews it should not matter where the Jewish state exists, for orthodox Jews their belief is that the only return to Palestine will come with the Messiah.

I think the best solution after WWII for the Jews would have been the establishment of a Jewish state in the United States. Nevada in the 1940's had 110,247 people, Arizona and New Mexico had 500,000 people, basically the same small population that existed in Palestine.