View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 03:48 PM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
The rest of your post was just left wing bias. But the part I quoted is exactly what I said.

The "Christian Left" in the Northeastern states just don't vote.

They would need a third party candidate to vote for. One that was socially conservative and fiscally liberal. Right now the Dems and Republicans have a stranglehold with the 2 party system and make it almost impossible for any other party to seriously field a candidate.

So the "Christian Left" are "left" out in the cold.

Of course, in my PERSONAL opinion....they and the "Christian Right" should all have their fucking heads examined for believing in myths. But I can't cure stupid.
The problem with 3rd & 4th parties is they tend to be more extreme rather than centralist. One could argue that the Tea Party is a 3rd party, but much like the Libertarian party they cling to the Republican party for the funding.

Like it or not both the Tea & Libertarian parties are at the far end of their fringes neither try to appeal to the center more moderate minded the Tea Party is just the re-branded Christian Right and the Libertarian party thinks we should isolate ourselves from the rest of the world and do away with 90% of the govt.

Adding yet another party for some far off left wing Christians is the last thing we need. Might as well add a Black Party, A Hispanic Party, a Workers party, ect..ect.. but of course no White party because that would be racist, but that's what it would become.

Like it or not as screwed up as a 2 system party is, it also saves us from a lot more crazies working their way into power. The biggest things that need to happen, is moderate Republicans need to take back their party and lobbying needs to be outlawed and call what it is bribery.

People need to be given more say in the govt, not just what ever big business happens to want.

Last edited by crockett; 07-12-2014 at 03:54 PM..
crockett is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote