View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 09:16 AM  
Mutt
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppoten View Post
The trouble is that Zionism is a modern political entity, little more than a century old. As such it has no historical claim to anything.

The Zionists' arrival in the region created divisions that did not previously exist (or existed to a much lesser extent)

The Zionists are the descendants of the people of ancient Israel, that's scientific/genetic and historical fact. There are no 'Canaanite' descendants that are identifiable as a group on the planet so if there are any people who can claim inheritance to that land based on being there first it's the Jews.

In 1917, Britain who was in charge of Palestine following WWI promised the Jews a homeland in Palestine. The Brits tried to work out a compromise over and over, the Jews weren't happy with their plans but they were willing to make concessions, the Arabs would make NO concessions. The Third Reich and the Holocaust brought things to a boil, losing 6 million of your people in death camps while the rest of the world refused to give those yet to die refuge will do that. The Jews took matters in their own hands and fought an underground war of terror against the British presence in Palestine. Finally the British in desperation and frustration handed the whole mess over to the UN. The UN committee made up of very independent rational countries like Sweden, Canada, Netherlands, Australia recommended that Palestine be broken up into two separate states - an Arab state and a Jewish state. The Jews weren't happy with the territory they were given but AGREED to accept such an arrangement but once again the Arabs refused anything but ONE Arab state.

And that has been the story of the Israeli-Palestinian problem forever. How can Israel and Palestinians ever co-exist in peace when the Arabs absolutely refuse to recognize the state of Israel, any Jewish state located in Palestine, has the right to exist?

Jews don't argue the fact that there were Arabs in Palestine before they returned. The Jews accepted a Palestinian state in the 1930's and 1940's but nope, Arabs put hate before logic.

This is a letter from the Secretary of the Arab League in 1947 regarding the UN partition plan of Palestine into two states:
The Arab world is not in a compromising mood. It's likely, Mr. Horowitz, that your plan is rational and logical, but the fate of nations is not decided by rational logic. Nations never concede; they fight. You won't get anything by peaceful means or compromise. You can, perhaps, get something, but only by the force of your arms. We shall try to defeat you. I am not sure we'll succeed, but we'll try. We were able to drive out the Crusaders, but on the other hand we lost Spain and Persia. It may be that we shall lose Palestine. But it's too late to talk of peaceful solutions.