View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 01:29 PM  
Amputate Your Head
There can be only one

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSmith View Post
In 2073 humans started colonizing other worlds. Shortly thereafter all the republicans decided to leave the now-poluted-beyond-tolerance-levels Earth and start their own new planet named Conmerica. The dems followed suit and founded their own planet and named it Demerica. Surely everyone would be happy now that everyone on each new world is of the same mind politically, no?

Within 50 years both planets suffered brutal civil wars. Why? Because even with no one to argue with, the fact is people are people. Our need for conflict and strife and bitching about government supercedes our need for peace and cooperation and desire for a free and happy life. If we can't fight over differing politically we'll fight those who have different religious beliefs.

New planets were colonized. On this one only those who are baptist righties who oppose abortion will live there. On this other planet only lefty hedonists who support universal health care and a free monthly pot allowance for everyone are welcome. And guess what? Within 20 years wars broke out on all those planets. Over this, over that, over nothing.

Because let's face it, we humans are assholes.

Face it, the USA has two whole other churches these days. Two whole other religions. The church of Dem, and the church of Con. You're raised to ascribe to one or the other, most simply growing up to regurgitate all the BS their parents fed them over the years. You join your 'church', you give your tithes (and then some), you worship your church-party leaders, and every 4 years you renew your vows.

Fact is you're all a little bit right, and a whole lot of wrong. Hmm... if only the two sides could, oh I don't know, somehow join forces and work together for the common good. Then that would mean you'd be collectively a whole lot more right and a whole lot less wrong, no? Of course it would. Instead we have American men and women right now on match.com putting statements in their profiles like "If you are a Dem then don't bother contacting me".... "If you're a Repub then don't bother contacting me".

How sad is that?

Ding, ding... hear that? That's your reverend Limbaugh ringing the church bell. That's pastor Jon Stewart ringing the church bell. Let us go and pray for our own salvation whilst we throw ridicule and scorn at the other side. Let us block the other side from doing anything good at every turn, for it should be us that makes those changes, not THEM!

Ah but what do I know, I'm just a stupid Canadian. :D

Generally speaking, you either believe in personal freedom, responsibility and liberty, or you expect others to tell you what to do, how to act, how to live, where you can go, monitor you, shelter you, & provide for you like a parent your whole life and seek to force others to comply with your will (slavery). There's really no in-between. You are either free, or you are not. There are no degrees of freedom.