View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:03 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
I used to be a hardcore Republican, but my lord the Republican party is a joke right now.Their entire strategy has been to "defeat Obama" and it's utterly failed. The Republican party has accomplished nothing.

Obamacare is the perfect example. This is a very much needed change and over all a good law; It's helped millions. It's removed pre-existing conditions and allowed kids to stay on their parents plans longer. We now have more people insured than ever before. This is win win all the way around. Yet the Republican party filed over one hundred lawsuits trying to kill this? And they lost at every turn. This has been a huge six year battle that the Republican lost.

Then we have the economy. No matter how you spin it, we've had fifty-two weeks of straight economic growth. Unemployment is down too. (Sure, we can argue about the "actual numbers" but the "actual numbers" are nothing more than a higher reflection of the unemployment rate we've always used - and still the "actual numbers" are coming down too so it's a pointless discussion.) You can argue about how the median net worth is down or how income is down; Of course these numbers are down people lost their houses and jobs and had to start over again.

Then we have the all mighty Republican party making big scenes about Benghazi and the IRS. No one cares how Benghazi was spun after the fact, and the IRS has done nothing more than doing their jobs.

Now the Republican party is suing the President for passing Executive Orders? For doing the same thing every President before him has done, only doing it a lot less? What a crock of shit.

At the end of the day are we better off now than six years ago? We are sure. Six years ago exactly half of the twenty houses on my street were empty. I'll never forget that. Now every one is occupied.

The Republican needs to stop focusing on the battle they've already lost twice (Obama), start doing their jobs, and start focusing on the next election if they hope to reclaim the White House.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote