View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 06:00 AM  
arock10
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDobalina View Post
I decided to venture into Whitelabels and chose Chaturbate after reading some great articles from 2013. Apparently since then, CB has become complete scumbags and screwed over everyone who helped get them to where they are now (i.e. the advertisers).

Taken directly from their Affiliate page:

Members:
20% rev-share will be paid on all token purchases from referred traffic.
$1.00 pay per free: $1.00 will be paid on all Tier 1 signups, $0.10 on all Tier 2 signups, and $0.01 on all Tier 3 signups referred. Currently invite only.

I will emphasize the last part Currently invite only..

I read that, and thought maybe if I sent them some high quality, converting traffic (all lols aside please), that maybe I could get invited. 20% rev share alone is very low in this industry. 20% rev share plus $1 tier PPL signups would be something worth promoting, as people have done up until a few months ago and been successful with.

I sent them an initial email, acting ignorant yet friendly saying I had received some free signups but wasn't getting any earnings. It said their whitelabel promotion offered $1.00 PPL and 20% Rev share, with the $1.00 being invite only. I requested more information on the latter.

I got a reply within a few hours saying if I wanted to get the $1 PPL I would have to use the link codes in their affiliate section, but that would exclude the 20% rev share. Basically one or the other. I knew about the links, but I was vague in the first email so I gave them the benefit of the doubt and followed up with a more direct email.

This time I explained that I am currently well established on JuicyAds and PlugRush, I have a good stream of traffic that I send weekly to their competitors who offer $2.50+ PPL or 35%+ Rev Share. I decided to try something new and promote their Whitelabel with a small amount of traffic, but $1 PPL or 20% rev share alone was not much of an incentive to stick with their program when their competitors offer much more. However; combining a $1 PPL and 20% rev share is something I would love to promote, and would scale up the traffic if I was invited to join their program.

Pretty straightforward and honest. I waited about a week and put maybe $10 into ads sending them to the new white label in the meantime. Still no reply.

I sent a follow up stating that they were quick to respond to my first email, but now I mentioned numbers and they stopped replying. I informed them that I had ran a very small test and it was only the tip of the iceberg, I was very anxious to scale this up if approved for their invite only $1 PPL & 20% Rev share model. I said it concerns me however if this is how they treat their affiliates who start asking questions (rather than just getting boned...but I excluded that part from the email). I finally got a reply a few hours later.

First; they had the audacity to say that I misunderstood. They said the whitelabel is clearly a 20% rev share only program. If I wanted the $1 PPL, I would have to use their links in the link section and that would exclude the 20% rev share option. Basically regurgitating their first email back to me, ignoring my valid points, and then adding insult to injury tell me that I misunderstood. I was not an ignorant fool who didn't read "invite only" slapped at the bottom of their PPL payments. I thought I could talk about potentially being invited in the future, but they made it clear that they do not invite anyone. I am the one who misunderstood, right. I misunderstood thinking they were a legitimate company when instead they are deceptive, lying scumbags.

Clearly they are throwing around their old payment model as bait to get new affiliates to sign up. Their intentional deception and lack of morals really struck a nerve. I am sending no more traffic them and have switched my domain to one of my consistent programs I have been promoting and doing fine with. I would urge others to do the same, explore your options and consider who is going to be worth sending your traffic to. It is not Chaturbate, but if you would rather learn the hard way then continue wasting your time with them. I will not even bother to suggest alternatives so this doesn't come off as having ulterior motives.

Worse yet, if you google around you will see that many webmasters don't even get paid by Chaturbate. There are also cam girls complaining on these forums saying they are earning less each month with CB and don't understand why. Once they stopped the PPL+Rev Share model they really went scumbag and simply stopped paying. If this shows anything about their lack of professionalism, then you can sure as hell bet they are shaving the ones they do decide to pay.

Luckily, in the end I only sent them 8 free leads. As I said, it was the tip of the iceberg. I am really glad I didn't scale it up and any existing links I have are to my .com, which no longer points to their whitelabel and never will again.

I even mentioned in my initial email that I am a member on several adult webmaster forums and will be posting a review of my experiences with them. They treated me like a fool, and told me that I misunderstood. You will be exploited, get paid less than any other cam site affiliate program, and treated with a complete lack or respect if you choose to promote Chaturbate. I sincerely urge anyone already promoting them, or considering it, to reconsider.
Do you get paid per word to write this?