View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 05:54 PM  
Grapesoda
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAllan View Post
I shoot with a Nikon D800 and it is an amazing camera. BUT more important get good glass. Unless you are shooting murals I would avoid the 800e. It will cause way more problems for a very minor increase in sharpness.

Starting with a simpler (but full frame) Nikon body is not a bad idea and will give you similar results while being cheaper and easier to use.

Lenses will have much more effect on what your images look like. For landscapes get a wide zoom like the 28-70 2.8 and some fast primes at last as fast as 2.8.

Stay away from Non-Nikkor glass generally unless it is the new Sigma Series or Zeiss.
I'm using the tamron 24-70 2.8... damn good glass... I had so many issues with the nikor glass I almost lost my job the 24-120 4. lost focus and clarity in the zoom, twice... both of my 24-70 2.8's lost focus on the zoom and the color went bad due to degradation of the coating... 1 lens went to Nikon twice, the other 3 times.... last time I sold both of them... even the tamron have been to the factory once each... any glass I buy in the future will go to the but the 24-71'S.. ... not so much... not worth the extra $800-$1000 per copy

Last edited by Grapesoda; 04-23-2014 at 06:00 PM..
Grapesoda is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote