View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 PM  
JA$ON
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
It has to be subsidized, and it is very good that it is. New technologies and companies that provide them deserve subsidies.

Oil, Gas and Coal however, do not deserve subsidies. They are the most profitable industry ever and yet still lobby governments for tax breaks and cash. Fuck them. Solar, Wind and other renewable energy deserves attention, not these fuckers.
NOTHING deserves a subsidy (IMO) If you can't stay in business without a handout (corn farming, US Sugar producers, wind etc) then you are in the wrong business. The ONLY way that wind, Solar etc etc will ever become a viable part of our long term energy strategy is if the technology is also profitable for the companies developing it. Top companies continue to work and make strides and at some point, clean green energy will be a profitable venture. Thats a win win, and its at that point it will take off and not a minute before. History shows this to be the pattern again and again and again.

I am 100% for developing clean efficient green energy, but I think the cost of developing it should be taken on by the companies that will secure the patents and ultimately make a real business out of it. Giving oversized, moronic subsidies does noting but SLOW innovation.....Why spend time and $ working to develop real, viable, cost effective green energy when I can just chug along at half speed and get a whopping check from tax payers? My profit is guaranteed. Not a lot of incentive left to innovate.

man, that was quite a rant, LOL
JA$ON is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote