View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 11:01 AM  
MrBottomTooth
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR_Glen View Post
I have friends with them in their backyard in that area and I didn't even notice it until we drove by in a cart.. silent despite being gigantic. Not seeing a problem here at all. If anything they make what would be a dull empty landscape interesting to look at.
I don't have an issue with the appearance personally because I live in what is basically a farmland and bush area, although I can see why someone wouldn't want them in their back yard. And I don't know anything about the low frequencies they put off that supposedly drive some people crazy as I haven't been around them long enough to see if I notice it.

What bothers me is them paying the owners of them a ridiculous price per kw as an incentive to put them up (in most cases locked in for 20 years), when we already have more electricity than we already need. So much so that we are literally GIVING away our excess power to the US and other provinces. Wait, not only are we giving it away, sometimes we have to PAY people to take it. Yet we are paying the highest price for electricity in Canada.

Excellent business plan.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-pa...c-u-s-1.599345
MrBottomTooth is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote