View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 04:08 PM  
pimpmaster9000
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
The problem is as I mentioned. I fully support the idea of patenting a actual product. If you produce a prototype or have a working model, then hell yes it should be protected. However most patents are not actual products that years of innovation and money went into. Most patents are simply ideas on paper, that patent trolls often buy up in order to try to sue for damages or license fees.

Copyrighted material is completely different. It's a actual product that was created therefore yes of course it should be protected.
its hard to gain world wide patents it costs a lot of money...so does developing ideas...if you limit patent rights only to people who invested money and time then you hinder creativity for those who are poor but creative...they may not have the funds to develop for the next 10 years, it is not right to limit patents just to the rich...

I do not see patent trolls as hindering progress...there is a 1000 ways to do something...creative people will rise...the non creative will blame patent trolls...
pimpmaster9000 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote