View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 04:07 PM  
blackmonsters
Making PHP work

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickhappy View Post
Say you hire someone to do program a project for you and they agree to $1,500. Then about 60% through the project they talk about how much more work it was than they thought and how many more hours they are putting in and asking for more, without giving a specified amount.
We met today and I bought him lunch and he startd going on again about the time he's putting in.

What would you do?
Would you give them more? How much more? We DID agree on a price and I didnt ask for anything additional than what we agreed on. But he keeps mentioning how much effort he's putting in and its starting to bug me
An experienced programmer always knows one thing for sure : It will take more time and work than we thought.

Our eyes are bigger than our code.

If you like the work the programmer has done so far then it's a good idea to finish the project with this programmer. It's not going be cheaper to start over with a new programmer.