View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 07:05 PM  
NEW XTC
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNick View Post
Bitcoin will be superseded by a product that is easy to get hold of, easy to use, and a safe store of value.

Or

Bitcoin will evolve those fundamental features.

However given that Bitcoin is something of a rudderless vessel, I am not sure that the leadership and foresight that is required exists to make these changes. This is why I dont think Bitcoin will be the product which becomes the ultimate game changer.
I also share the opinion that Bitcoin may very well be superseded by a more mathematically and logically superior successor. (although BTC can and will evolve improvements) But this new supercoin would likely take BTC on up for the ride...there is no reason to think that any crypto that has advantages that Bitcoin lacks would crush the life out of Bitcoin.

If a new coin came along (for fun lets say GoogleCoin) and it was non-anonymous and well regulated and everyone jumped on board - there would still be a lot of interest in BTC to move funds in and out of GoogleCoin for anonymity or a myriad of other reasons - a GoogleCoin worth 100k USD could very well drag up the price of BTC right along with it.

-Voltaire
NEW XTC is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote