View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 07:44 AM  
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErectMedia View Post
I sell a lot of domains as well so another reason I stick with them as more common for end users to have heard of them due to TV commercials and trust issue is a factor when selling, also makes pushes easier as most people have GoDaddy accounts already.
I have found this as well. While I prefer NameSilo for my primary domains, the majority of buyers I have dealt with just seem to usually prefer GoDaddy. For this reason, I keep the domains we would considering parting with over at GoDaddy, but the ones we will not part with at our preferred registrar, NameSilo. I've completely given up on Moniker and NameCheap, and the others, but keep accounts there just in the event a domain we buy is reg'd there.

Having said that... I will say this much about GoDaddy. They make transferring a domain out from them to another registrar pretty damn straightforward (email yourself the Auth codes, etc) and then the quick accept process. You can generally transfer a domain out, and confirm it, in 10 or 15 minutes so long as the receiving registrar is prompt.

Last edited by robwod; 03-09-2014 at 07:46 AM..
robwod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote