View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 07:23 AM  
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashyGirl View Post
But GD has eliminated almost all discount codes related to renewals. In the past few months, the cheapest I had found was $5 off the $14.99 renewal ($9.99 renewal) and GD is still charging the whopping $9.99 amount for privacy. GD is also trying to sell their discount domain club which is supposed to give members renewal discounts, but the fee to "join" is a joke (meaning outrageous) factored against the discount.
Agreed coupon codes have been reduced or they expire quicker to get ya to join their Discount Club. I did join their Discount Club as with 500+ .coms there the $58 I paid to join the club was worth it to get $8.47 purchases/renewals as I was paying $8.67 with coupon codes before, if ya have enough domains to make it worthwhile.

I sell a lot of domains as well so another reason I stick with them as more common for end users to have heard of them due to TV commercials and trust issue is a factor when selling, also makes pushes easier as most people have GoDaddy accounts already. I don't use their privacy service except on 2 domains though so privacy fee not a factor in my personal decision.

Last edited by ErectMedia; 03-09-2014 at 07:24 AM..
ErectMedia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote