View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 01:48 PM  
jmcb420
So Fucking Drunk

Industry Role:
I think own a black hat... That's about as far as we'll get there. Fuck...

I'm looking at it as something that is either going to spectacularly fail, or build itself into a monster. I like the idea that it can be used for good, and bad... I think that both of those qualities will appeal to users. Especially the angry ones who just want to muckrake and write nasty things about the people who live around them or their landlord...

Very honestly, I think it's one of the better ideas I've had pertaining to an online business. But you are correct. There are some companies out there who spend thousands monthly to keep themselves above the fray.

When it comes to monetizing the site, IF the site can become a well known internet entity, paid ads from those very companies would be the way to go... But that's down the road.

None of that will happen if I can't figure out how to properly optimize the site, advertise it, get users to come to it, and actually use it.

I think it's a great idea and worth putting time into. Not so sure about putting money into it though. We'll see how it works out I guess.