View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 09:19 PM  
gnawledge
confirmed loser

Industry Role:
Should I run an adult forum with Vbulletin?

I've made up my mind. Vbulletin is the way to go. People say otherwise but I'm willing to fork up the money for it, and I already have a good domain to start it with etc. I've been making Wordpress sites for a while and they are just newbie looking etc. I've generated no sales and only had luck with chump change tube sites. However, I love the forum setup of Vbulletin. I think having more people participate and add their own content to promote, it would maybe take off. I know it's I'm a mushroom in a mushroom field full of likeminded people, but, I think it's better to take it to the next step and quit RSS feeding 1 minute clips with a bounce rate of 48 seconds.

The main thing is.. I've tried Simple Machines, which should be called Spample Machines.. the other forums are ok. You get what you pay for really.

I have tons of affiliates, a decent amount of free time but I am doing it all by myself without any training... meaning I have a daytime job that has nothing to do with websites, so this is a craft I'm learning by reading until my eyes blur. And GFY has the brightest people when it comes to XXX.

So... the sum it up.. Vbulletin, content, some advertising, will they come? And will I be doing myself a disservice by letting people upload their watermarked pictures, webmaster links/banners and other links to keep them on?

I am good to go right now, minus the actual vBulletin software and license.

Well..Thanks for your time.
gnawledge is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote