Thread: Plugrush
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 AM  
nextri
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
Pirates often copy what other pirates do.

If one pirate sees Plugrush being used on a piracy site then others will follow.

The more piracy sites you disable the less piracy sites you will attract.

You've already admitted you don't know how much piracy there is on your network, so in that case wouldn't it be prudent to send a clear message to the pirates that they are not welcome ?

As far as ticket systems go, we will email abuse@ or you can nominate another special email address for our reports. We do not have the manpower to manually fill out forms. All of our abuse reports are generated from the system which receives DMCA notices from rights holders.
I really don't care what one pirate sees and another one don't. If they all start using our system, and you and others are good at reporting all domains with piracy, then I think the pirates will quickly find out that plugrush is a place where your account gets frozen if you promote piracy. They will even eventually figure out that we might close their revenue source without telling them, so they might end up buying traffic and sending it to their site, without getting any return on investment. That is a win win for the industry, the advertisers with content, for us, for you, and for the end user.

We are basically taking money from the pirates, and giving it for free to the advertisers. Tell me again how that is the wrong approach.

If this is so important to you, perhaps you should get enough manpower to do what is needed in order to accomplish what you are trying to do?

I can send you a list of all the domain in our system so you can go through them if you want..

We do not have enough manpower to read all our email, so if you want to get things done, use our ticket system. If that's not good enough for you, please continue to email our flooded inbox, but we do not have resources to follow up on everything in our mailbox.

Last edited by nextri; 11-04-2013 at 09:30 AM..
nextri is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote