View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 06:15 PM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adendreams View Post
AK you didnt give in to temptation and take a juicy salary gig with one of your adversaries right?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adendreams View Post
he mentioned a 6 figure offer...thus my curiosity
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profits of Doom View Post
You're a smart guy Duke, and in reading your last few posts on this subject you seem to agree that something here just doesn't pass the smell test...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSkywalker View Post
Yup. Something isn't right.
ds
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
It has smelled fishy to me since day one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by signupdamnit View Post
I feel the same way.
There is no conspiracy and no hidden agenda.

The facts are that in September we were told by our primary source of funding that all funding was being reviewed and that a decision would be made by October 1. Then October 1st came along and we were told that the review would take another month and we were asked if we could keep going pending the outcome of the review. Unfortunately we had run out of funds for recurrent expenditure by the end of September thus I advised that the project would shut down.

I have given 15 months of my time to this project. There has to come a point at which one asks why they should continue to prop up such a project when the majority of the online adult industry couldn't care less if there was piracy or not ?

I signed up for this project knowing what it would entail. I gladly copped the abuse, the innuendo, the questioning of my motives and so on because I knew that with the right amount of effort and by staying the course that a big impact could be made reducing the damage caused by the file locker industry.

However the fact is that our major contributor was the very company you all love to hate. Apart from a handful of people and companies, the rest of the industry just stood by offering no support or funding.

Now in this very thread people are questioning why the project closed and what the motivation is for closing it.

Why should I continue to prop up this project when the rest of the industry couldn't care less ? I spent 15 months around the clock, phone meetings at 4am, trips in and out of the office at all hours, meetings in Singapore or Bangkok, hours and hours of absolutely mind numbing work sifting through report after report while putting together a case as to why a file locker should lose payment processing. Only those of you on the inside know how much work was involved.

For those of you who think the project made no difference, just watch how things shift over the next twelve months. Watch as all the Kim Dotcom wannabes set up Mega clones, observe the re-introduction of PPD by all the larger file lockers, see how many new file lockers spring up accepting Paypal, Payza or Moneybookers. Watch the resurgence of site-rip sites and forums.

Whilst we were criticised for shutting down new little sites what most people failed to see what that Oron was once a new little site. Without us shutting down new sites before they could get going they'll grow and they'll become yet another portal for large scale infringement.

For those of you who don't think the closure of this project passes the smell test then consider this. I have my own life, with non adult business interests that could benefit from my time and effort. Why should I continue to prop this project up when the majority of the industry doesn't care ? I'll go and work on other things.

I am willing to restart this project if a reliable source of funding can be found. We need around AUD $10k a month to keep going as we were before. I'm willing to commit to another 12 months of my time for free in that case.

In the absence of that, then the project is done and I will spend my time on other things.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook