View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:24 AM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
The Stop File Lockers project began in late June 2012 and has run for 15 months.

In that time we have seen:

*hundreds of file locker and other piracy sites shut down,
*more than a (cumulative) thousand Paypal, Pazya, Moneybookers and other third party peer to peer and seller accounts shut down,
* Around 100 merchant accounts shut down and more than another sixty shut down by third party co-operation,
* Three third party billers lose the ability to accept Paypal.
* Hundreds of file locker resellers on eBay have their listings of file locker vouchers and memberships terminated,
*We have recast the way in which file lockers are viewed by many organisations,

We have also shut down blogs, debrid sites, image hosts, forums and link sharing sites.

Unfortunately at the end of September we finally ran out of funds and the resources just don't exist to keep this effort going any longer. In fact, we now face a deficit in the vicinity of $15,000.

Unless a source of funding is found, all operational aspects of the Stop File Lockers project and Copy Control will cease at midnight on Friday 4th October (AEST). This project has lived only through industry support.

At this time we will stop accepting notices to [email protected], all reporting and detection systems will be taken offline and no further mailed copies of infringements and DMCA notices will be received.

I will post a reminder on Friday morning to all parties sending copies of notices to us that the systems will go offline and from midnight on that day emails to [email protected] will bounce.

I would like to thank every person, company and organisation that has provided support (financial and otherwise) to the project. I would especially like to thank those people who worked and participated behind the scenes in our team room/project management environment, Podio.

To all those people and companies who sent us a steady stream of evidence, I would also like to thank you as without the data and information collected we would not have been able to achieve the results we did.

Last edited by AdultKing; 10-01-2013 at 05:26 AM..
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook