View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 02:27 PM  
DTK
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutboat View Post
OK now this is a classic response - usually coming from a Republican who is embarrassed to admit it.
You know what happens when you ASSume...you apparently didn't see my sig. Also, I haven't voted dem or rep in 20+ years

Quote:
The whole "Both Parties are just as bad" argument is just an absurd flight of fancy that holds no water.
And you call me a seriously misinformed motherfucker
Quote:
Granted there are members of both Parties who are corrupt as fuck and we all know that Lobbyists hold too much sway with both sides of the isle. But if you think that Democrats are in the same league with racist, sexist, classist, elitist, homophobic, demogogic and fear mongering Republicans then you sir are one seriously misinformed motherfucker.
I agree that in terms of the racist, sexist etc part, yes, the repubs are playing the part of 'batshit crazy cop' (as opposed to bad cop), but for the most part, that's window dressing.

In terms of what I was talking about - both parties selling out this country to the highest bidder for decades - almost every member of congess/senate/president is bought and paid for by the huge money interests who got them elected and get them big money gigs after they leave office (aka The Revolving Door). It's not just a few of them, it's not just some of them, it's virtually all of them.

Try doing some unbiased homework, you'll see. And if you're at all intellectually honest, I believe you end up saying "Wow, I was one seriously misinformed motherfucker."