View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:28 PM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplatterMaster View Post
Thanks I?ll give it a look.

I know others could probably use the information I gather and I could probably use some information they gather. That?s more of what I was looking for. An information sharing site.

Seems kinda stupid for everyone to fight it on their own and keep such valuable information like IPs and fake signup names to their selves.

But I guess most people have turned fighting piracy over to someone else. And they don?t even know what happens on their own sites anymore.
Sharing this data publicly is a stupid idea, sorry to be so blunt but it is.

When you share such information publicly you're just helping the pirates get better at covering their tracks. Why do you think so many people try and goad us into telling them more about what we do and how we do it ? They are desperate to know how we know what they are doing and how better to cover their tracks.

The IP's and fake sign up names are just two sets of data out of hundreds of sets of data that can be used to follow lazy pirates, when they keep using the same IP or sign up names they are giving us a way to track them. Publicly sharing this and other information just helps them get better at avoiding detection.

The most constructive thing anyone can do to help in this effort is keep supplying copies of DMCA notices to [email protected] , to keep submitting piracy reports at http://copycontrol.org/report-piracy or to make a donation via Paxum or Paypal to [email protected]

Nobody has been as effective at hurting the pirates than us, we continue to crush their financial accounts and monetization methods bit by bit, it's much harder to monetize file lockers in 2013 than it was in 2012 or 2011, or earlier. We've moved on to other forms of piracy that fit into the eco system as we seek to further reduce the effectiveness of the pirates and their networks. However to keep doing this we have to keep the pirates on the back foot.

Please don't hurt our efforts by engaging in public information sharing of the various vectors and data that helps us do what we do. We can only continue to be successful by keeping the pirates guessing, keeping them in the dark until they wake up one day and find another merchant account or Paypal account shut down.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook