View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:55 PM  
signupdamnit
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltav View Post
If you just randomly posted a link to your affiliate blog out of the context of a larger conversation, then yes, many forum mods would consider that spam and delete it. As they should.

You can market your stuff on Reddit, but it's got to be more subtle and actually add value for the users. I operate my own subreddit with thousands of members and promote a couple of my projects on there, but it's about offering quality stuff that the members want to see and avoiding affiliate links & such.
Exactly. And to a lessor degree it's the same story for Tumblr now that Yahoo bought it. You can use Reddit or Tumblr to your advantage but you absolutely cannot make it obvious that you are there primarily to make money. This basically means not posting affiliate links and not posting your own sites all the time.

You don't like my posts? Put me on ignore or fuck right off. I'll say what I want.
signupdamnit is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote