View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 07:04 PM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
AK, just curious...is there any hope that both Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover, etc. could be on the verge of refusing to process for any website that contains or advertises on pirated/stolen/copyright infringed content?
Right now the focus is on file lockers and shutting off all of their various forms of payment processing. To this end there is action on merchant accounts, however I will not expand beyond that in a public forum as I do not wish to reveal any information which might help the bad guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyStephans View Post
I can't speak for AK or his experience but my feeling is that the card companies have always wanted to stay away from piracy like they do from other illegal activities.
The card associations have IP policies. However the cards associations are just one part of a very complex system which takes in processors, acquiring banks and other vendors such as transaction operations that perform the online interface but do not actually hold responsibility for the merchant relationship.

The process of dealing with these issues requires evidence based investigation and properly sanctioned complaints to be made in accordance with the IP and other policies of the card associations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EriktheRabbit View Post
filesmonster.com/reseller/list/ - If all those billers are active its a sick day
You will find that many of the payment methods of those resellers are no longer available to them. We are very successful in curtailing resellers using companies like Paypal, Moneybookers, Payza etc.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook