View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 06:32 AM  
GAH
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
Why bother taking out individual uploaders when you can affect hundreds or thousands of them by making their uploads worthless once a site loses payment options and runs out of money to pay affiliate/uploaders ?

If people want to start tracking down individuals and making them pay then go for it.

The Stop File Lockers project is about taking payment options away from entire sites which in turn causes the uploaders pain.
I do understand what you are saying, and what your targets are. It's not a fight I could fight to go after an individual, although I'd love to.

Word and fear circulates, it can even make national news, and if just one was made an example of, the court details shared, the humiliation and compensation, and the publicity spread on all the forums, it would stop so many individuals from thinking of pirating content ever again, or downloading content. Getting service providers to put a block on sites is probably the only solution that can end all pirating for good, or the fear that any download could contain a virus, trojan etc ? that always helps.

I was watching a couple of regulars, they add 3-10 items a day, and have done for years, they earn $500+ a week, and they do lose some of their income when you successfully shut a paying-site down, taking away Paypal join-ups or download credits, but they move on immediately. When their Megaupload files were useless, they put them back up with the next fashionable version, like Oron, Rapidgator and so on.

It was just a thought, have a go at the foot-soldiers, who have been immune from their actions, not one stone has been thrown their way by any of us, just grumblings. It's the same for software, music and film piracy, there is no deterrent for an individual, the billions uploading/downloading. Sometimes it's better to start at the bottom and work up, rather than start at the top.
GAH is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook