View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 PM  
GrantMercury
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Really? Is the guest of honor really supposed to stop talking so he can thank a lowly waiter for doing his fucking job?

Don't get me wrong, waiters, people at the drive up window... I'm nice and cheery and quick to thank them. But no one is required to "thank them" for doing their fucking job. And don't give me no shit it's a crappy job; I've worked fast food, catering, and much worse.

This fucker was a gold digger. He got close to a "star" and took advantage of it.
Doing something decent when it's not required is what decent people do.

I had a buddy who had a few moneyed friends who wet to Harvard. He told me one day that one of his Harvard pals the night before told him not to thank the waiter at dinner because "it's his job." Imagine that - being admonished for being polite - as if it's ever the wrong thing to do.

Mitt is that kind of prick, clearly. The guy wasn't useful to Mitt, so why would he acknowledge his existence at all? It the kind of entitled attitude that sometimes develops when one never has wanted for anything in their life, and other humans' only function has ever been to serve them. People become objects. "Lowly waiters."

And don't blame this guy for that video. All he did was press a button. Mitt did the rest. If what he said hadn't been grotesque, there'd be no story.

GrantMercury is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote