View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 03:35 PM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtainmentGraeme View Post
So you just made Slingfile lose PayPal as a payment processor with fake accusations. They managed to get it back because they are a legitimate file hosting service. As long as they are DMCA compliant there is nothing you can do, even if people upload copyright infringing content. So keep collecting 'evidence' instead of reporting it to get it removed, doing this you are actually just supporting the pirates. 'Collecting evidence', what a joke.
If that's what you'd like to believe then that suits us entirely.

Quote:
Yawn? You might get your ass sued ass well if you continue like this destroying legitimate business for your own gain. In fact I'm pretty sure you will be sued for slander or libel anytime soon if you continue like this.
Nobody is suing us. Everything we do is checked and double checked by our commercial and IP lawyers.

Once you start a legal case all sorts of issues may unravel, remember in Australia truth is a defence to defamation. So if you were to start a legal case then who knows what kinds of stuff will come out about your business.

Quote:
So basically you are nothing more than a snitch? It's not your business whether MEGA followed the pre-approval process or not. As long as they are DMCA compliant, you have nothing to do with it. Wait, I'm wrong, it is your business. As you're making money off of it by bragging that you made MEGA lose it's payment processor. Good job, how many donations did you get for that?
The file sharing space is becoming highly regulated by payment processors - as it should be - as we are actively involved in the identification of infringement or regulatory non compliance then it is our business.

Quote:
$28,000, did you buy a new car? Seriously, who are you trying to fool? You are on your own. Nobody is helping you. No lawyers, no court cases against file lockers, no bills, nothing, just you and your bullshit. Unless you used $28,000 to bribe PayPal employees.
This is what you would like to believe, however the facts are this:

1. We have offices in the heart of the legal and financial district of Melbourne, situated on the 9th floor of a building in Collins Street Melbourne.

2. We have an ongoing engagement of legal services from one of Australia's leading commercial law firms and arguably Australia's most innovative IP law firm.

3. We have a collaboration system where a number of people participate in the ongoing operations of the Stop File Lockers project and Copy Control in general.

4. The infrastructure we use and deploy to get this job done is not cheap. Offices, legal work, paralegal work, investigative services and so on all cost significant amounts of money.

Quote:
Poorly chosen passwords? I could prove you wrong by posting their passwords here, but I'm not doing that. Just ask them yourself. I might be breaking the law, but I do it for a cause, so it is justifiable, at least for me as an internet activist. I am not stealing any information, just using GFY as my platform, as this is the best way for me to express my opinion about you and your dirty business anonymously. ]
You're not being anonymous, you're simply being a coward.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook