View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by epitome View Post
There is a big world out there and just because you don't know anyone personally doesn't mean it's not happening.
That's true, and I didn't say that didn't mean it's not happening.

But I repeat: When you work at Walmart you are being paid to do unskilled labor that requires no education.
But if you do a good job and stay loyal there, you will get a raise in a few months. PLUS...you can buy the things you need AND your groceries with your employee discount.

No reason to go on foodstamps UNLESS you are an unwed mother with several children (you made some bad, bad life choices).

If I suddenly had no money and lost my home, etc. I could easily live off wages at Walmart and live in an extended stay hotel (with utilities and even one meal a day included) buy my clothing and food at Walmart with my employee discount.
On top of that, I would outwork anybody there and I'd be managing that place within the year.

I played in bands all over this country and made far LESS than people working at Walmart. But somehow I, all the guys in the band, the road crew, and the other 100 bands working the same circuit all survived and NEVER took one penny from the govt. to do so.